Quickly backup large volumes of data with Bulk API-based backup. Learn more.
At a glance, there are two types of backups available when you click into the ‘Schedule’ tab inside of the GRAX interface: object(s) backup and hierarchy process. Both object(s) backup and hierarchy process are available with GRAX Backup & Restore but there are some key differences to be aware of:
Object Backup (Basic Backup)
Hierarchy Process (Complex Backup)
Back up all records across a single object (with all date fields + SOQL filters) or multiple objects (using the System Modstamp filter)
Back up only a subset of records for a single root object (i.e. filter criteria or report-based filter) or back up an object and select children
Does not support data archive
Supports data archive into your own data lake (data warehouse)
Fastest due to simplicity of backup (i.e. no logic or filters)
Slower due to complex logic and record queries across the hierarchy
Scheduled Process will only back up records that have changed and is based on SystemModstamp
Toggling ‘on’ Rolling Date allows you to select the time increment for the Scheduled Process to back up new records from and is based on Last Modified Date primarily and System Modstamp secondarily
Attachments, Files, & Content
You will need to check off Attachment or ContentDocument, ContentDocumentLink, and ContentVersion for Attachment and/or Content backup
You will need to check off Attachment and/or Content Document Link in the hierarchy view
Both object backup and hierarchy process can alert you to various statuses of a job with email notifications for:
- Process Completion
- Process Completed – Error Sending Data
- Process Completed – Error Deleting Records
- Error Backing Up Files to Storage
Set up a scheduled object backup job to create a full recurring backup of your most important objects.
- Click Schedule
- Click the Create button & select Object Backup(s)
- Fill in the Name of your process
- Check any object(s) that you want to back up
- Optionally select Filter Criteria based on System Modstamp
- Select your Schedule for how often you would like this to run
- Optionally select if you would like this to be an Incremental Backup
- Click Save to finish
- Running a large job & need to make sure it’s running smoothly? Configure workflow alerts for a process that has been running for greater than X hours/days to serve as a reminder to check in on it.
- Naming a process is optional but doing so makes it easier to remember what objects are being backed up as part of the process.
- If you run into SFDC-imposed limits, you always have the flexibility to break down jobs based on date
- Toggling ‘on’ Single Object Backup allows you to select different date values, not just System Modstamp
We're always adding new product functionality to enhance your experience with GRAX. To learn more about what's new or what's changed, please see our release notes.
Now that you’ve mastered the basics, you can keep expanding your knowledge & mastery with our Knowledge Base:
Updated about a month ago