The data is in the Datalake is outside your other data management environments, but it is still organizational data and falls under GDPR/CCPA. The right to be forgotten or right of erasure is one of the most talked about tenets of both regulations. With the GRAX Datalake Delete functionality, you can delete customer data from your datalake and storage facility. This is one more way the GRAX solution helps you achieve compliance.
Follow the below steps to enable the Datalake Delete tab. It is important to remember, that only users with the permission set "GRAX-Configuration Admin" will have access to this tab.
- Browse to the GRAX Configuration tab and select the sub-tab for "Miscellaneous"
- Select the "GRAX Data Privacy" section then Select "enable" for the option "Enable Delete Tab"
- You will now see a new tab for "Datalake Delete"
- Navigate to the "Datalake Delete" tab
- Select your object, enter necessary fields and filter criteria similar to below and then click "Delete Selection".
- After clicking "Delete Selection" you will be warned that once this record is deleted, it will be permanently removed from your datalake and is NOT recoverable. Confirm your selection and the record(s) will be deleted.
- A maximum of 10 records can be deleted in one transaction/call
- The records will be deleted from the datalake and your storage facility and CANNOT be retrieved anymore.
- GRAX will not cascade delete records from the datalake. The record from the specific object selected in the table will be deleted, but not related records.
Updated 7 months ago