GRAX offers a new beta service where we automatically check your backup metrics and send an email digest to you about your backup successes and failures.
What is a failure?
GRAX defines a
failurein this context as either a job
absence. For some customers, a job erroring can be just as important for notification purposes as a job in absence e.g. staying in progress for more than a day or two.
While the GRAX package has a built-in job completion "Email Notifications" feature, this alerting offers new capabilities:
- A summary of activity across all your backup jobs
- A check from outside your GRAX package and app or virtual appliance, which provides coverage around the toughest problems like AWS networking issues or SFDC permission changes
The automatic checks can be configured to run daily, every two days, or weekly, depending on which is right for your backup schedule.
To get into the beta, open a support request with:
- The production org(s) you wish to monitor. The service is not currently available for sandboxes.
- The email addresses you want the service digest sent to
- The frequency of checks:
every two days, or
- The type of service digest you want to receive:
Alwayswill always send the email digest on the selected frequency. Thus, you can be assured you'll always get an email that will summarize ALL activity (successes and failures)
Failures Onlywill perform the same check on the selected frequency, but will only send an email if failures (error or absence) were detected.
The beta has these pre-requisites:
- Salesforce Package 3.72 or higher
- GRAX settings and all backup jobs configured to "Use Bulk API"
- Backend release from 12/10/2021 or later
Updated about 1 month ago